- This event has passed.
Radius WorkSHIFT: An employment program for Experienced Workers Aged 55+
September 14, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Radius WorkSHIFT: An Employment Program for Experienced Workers Aged 55+
Unemployed? Retired or close to it?
Need something to do or a bit more income?
Want a plan for a different kind of work/life balance?
WorkSHIFT addresses the unique needs and interests of experienced workers who are:
- transitioning to semi-retirement , or
- looking for a career change due to health issues, or
- just not ready to stop working.
Saskatchewan benefits when mature, experienced workers stay in the workforce. Many high-demand sectors lend themselves to part-time, contract, next stage careers and entrepreneurship.
What will your WorkSHIFT look like?
How: Seats are limited: to participate in this program, you will:
- attend the Information Session on September 8, 2016 (call to register),
- complete the registration process,
- be selected for an interview, and
- be invited to attend.
When: 8 weeks – September to November 2016
Mon – Fri: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Career and labour market research
- Personal reflections; skills, values and interest inventories
- Positive psychology techniques to support personal growth and goal attainment
- Community-based work experience
- Certificate training – Customer Service, Food Safe, First Aid/CPR, and more
- Training allowance available
Made possible by funding from: Service Canada and the Province of Saskatchewan Ministry of Economy